Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Every endeavor,I have made - ever - is coming into play,is here and now - today!

For each new morning with its light,
For rest and shelter of the night,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything Thy goodness sends.
-Ralph Waldo Emerson


Thanksgiving is tomorrow, yet I've seen posts on Facebook all month about what my friends are grateful for. That's all very well but I don't believe in posting a different reason all month (nothing against those that have). We should always be thankful for what has been bestowed upon us...the good and the bad.

I consider myself very fortunate. I have a wonderful family, good friends and work that I love to do. It isn't a steady 9-5 job and I don't have to go into work every day, but I enjoy it. The theatre part of my work makes me incredibly happy. Theatre will always be my first love and while I desperately miss performing, I get to be involved with the entire aspect of a production. And the people are amazing. In the last week, I had my first read-throughs for Gringos at Large and Mary Stuart (even had a rehearsal for Gringos) and I couldn't be happier. I love seeing old friends again. It always feels like you're coming home, especially when you know a person is genuinely happy to see you and gives you a big hug... I had a couple of those moments.

My makeup work is taking off. I have photo shoots lined up and a promising future with some models. Almost finished designing makeup for La Sierra University's production of The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe, which opens December 1st and will be fantastic (I'm also helping with makeup for the show). I'm doing makeup for another show this weekend and I may be doing some Boudoir shoots with a photographer in San Diego. Roberto told me last night that I was spreading myself pretty thin but I'm happiest when I have a lot of projects going on.

There is great comfort and inspiration in the feeling of close human relationships and its bearing on our mutual fortunes - a powerful force, to overcome the 'tough breaks' which are certain to come to most of us from time to time."
- Walt Disney

Nothing I've done would be possible without the support of my family. I don't know where I'd be today if it weren't for them. Hell, if my parents hadn't let me move back in here and have helped me out the way they have, I would probably be turning tricks on the streets of Hemet and be in a horrible position. As much as I wish I had the means to be on my own and be a grown up like a normal 26 year old, I'm extremely fortunate to have my parents. Family is the most important thing in my life, no matter how much they drive me crazy, and I need to stop being so judgmental about the things they do. At the end of the day, they're the ones who got my back. I'm happy to be spending the next 2 days with them.

As I've stated in previous entries, Friendship means everything to me. Whether or not it's been days, weeks, months or years that I've known someone. I don't know why I was chosen to have these gifts I call friends but I don't question it. Just know that I love and appreciate every single one of them. I've found myself choked up over it on occasion and it seems silly, but I can't help it. I'll never understand why people gravitate towards other people the way they do. Complete strangers at first...and then walk away friends. Sometimes for life. Yes, I sound a bit corny but that's never bothered me.

Above all, I am just fortunate to be here. In this life. I'm not, by any means, a saint. I make mistakes. I make stupid choices. I put a lot of negativity out in the universe, towards myself and others. Some days, I have nothing nice to say about anything or anyone. However, I couldn't be happier to be alive and well. My life is important, no matter what I might say otherwise.

To those who may read this, I thank you. For just taking the time to see what I have to say. Time is the most valuable and precious gift you can give someone... no matter how great or small.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment